Jan 19, 2009

A weekend in PARADISE

I'm not sure if I should post this next post. Joel was at home with the kids, slaving away as Mr. Dad and I don't know if I should disclose the truth about what really went on while I was in Palm Springs for a business meeting. Being the amazing Dad and Husband that he is, I think he loves that I get to go and be pampered, as a reward from my work. There's about 40 of us stay at home Mom's that work for the company. Just like last year, they flew us out to the Marriott in Palm Springs and we had a weekend in HEAVEN!The owners chose this resort because of the great spa it has. One of the first things we do is get a massage. After lunch and the massages, a lot of us hung out in the jacuzzi, even though we don't all work together in the same room, we can still offer up our share of laughs and jokes, as we encourage and joke with each other on work days over an instant messenger.At night we had a dinner banquet and rewards meeting. The dinner was art on a plate and tasted as good as it looked. Last year I got a Tiffany bracelet for making it into the 50k club, which means I was able to sell 50k in one month. And this year I got a Tiffany necklace for making it into the 300k club, meaning I sold over 300k for the year.All the 300k clubbers.
The whole weekend was filled with amazingly yummy food. It was HEAVENLY! This is a pina colada cake. I had to post this picture, my mouth waters whenever I think of it. Yummy coconut, pineapple and cream all wrapped up in a cake. SO GOOD!!! The next morning we had our meeting. We all looked forward to the meeting, because it's where the owners go over the new products they would be bringing on this year. It's pretty exciting for all us "sales women". Half way threw our meeting we were thrown a MAJOR curve ball. Something NONE of us were expecting! The owners wives come with them to these meetings, we all love them. They are super cute SOUTHERN/TEXAN gals. I bet they're friends with Dolly, they are adorable. Weeeellllllll, they come to the front of the room and put on this cute little performance about how they would love to take us all shopping (cause that's what they love to do most). Don't forget their southern accent. They shuffle through their purses looking for money and only find $20, and they're so sad. At this point we all know something is up and start wondering where they are going with this...AND THEN, one of them pulls out a huge stack of credit cards, it must have been 3 inches fat! Then the other tells us there is a bus waiting for us outside to take us SHOPPING! Now imagine a room of 40 women who have just been told they are going on a shopping spree! $250 each!!! It was so fun!!! And LOUD! And yes there were TEARS. And HUGS. Most of us had stayed up late the night before hanging out, so we were pretty tired, but we PERKED right up! It was a lot of fun! The owners take a lot of pride in being able to offer a job for Mom's that want to be at home to dry their kids tears when they skin their knees (which Makayla did do today and had many tears), but also be able to better their financial situation. There came a point when I started to really miss these guys, it even seemed like the one that I thought I needed the break from the most (I won't name any names), was the one I missed the most! As I was laying in bed the night before going home, I received a text from Joel saying that Micah was sick and had thrown up. It broke my heart to know that my little guy was sick and I couldn't be there with him, but how wonderful it was to know that he had a daddy he loved, that would be holding him.

The whole time away, I never felt worried for my kids, I knew they were having fun! In fact, before I left they told me that they were going to try to have more fun than me. They had McDonald's plans and Movies...Even though it was a weekend in paradise, I was so glad to return home to my real rewards! I think they were glad to have me home too! I came home to an amazingly clean house, I could tell they had put effort into that surprise for me, and the Christmas tree, with it's many decorations, that I've been dreading to put away was all put away! Joel was extra helpful all night with dinner and dishes and EVERYTHING! I still haven't asked him if he really missed me or just was pampering me, because of his taste of full time motherhood.

All in all, Yes I look forward to my weekend in Palm Springs next year, but even more so, I look forward to each and every day with these THREE!

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

On second thought...maybe I do want a job with you:)

Kris said...

My goodness!!!!!!!
What a luxurious experience. The massage, the food, the friends, the getaway the necklace, the SHOPPING!. I am dying to see what you bought. How about I come over tonight!?!!!

AND, I must add, I AM SO GLAD THAT YOUR HUSBAND IS WONDERFUL. I THINK HE IS TOO.