Nov 1, 2008

An October Summmer

I'm not usually a spontaneous person, I like to have a plan and then think everything through two or three times, analyzing all the details while preparing for it. But recently I learned that being unplanned/crazy can be a lot of fun! All in one day, Joel and I decided to take a trip to CA, we packed our bags and then found ourselves in our car driving down. I usually wouldn't think twice about driving the 10 hour drive just to be there for a couple of days, to then turn around and drive 10 hours back home. Especially not with Micah as a passenger, he's not a big fan of the car. However, after talking to the kids and telling them the idea, reminding them of the long car ride and the short time we'd be in CA, they both wanted to do it. So I held my breath and hoped for the best!

While we were there we decided to be courteous to the kids and planned activities that wouldn't require them to be in the car for long amounts of time. I think Joel and I also liked the idea of keeping the trip simple, as well. With the weather in the 90's it wasn't hard to relax at grandma and grandpa's while the kids pretended it was summer again.
Hold on to those pants "little torpedo"!"I'm never leaving CALIFORNIA!"
We went to the local pumpkin patch, Micah shows the camera his best side. Makayla really use to be so sweet and innocent, before brother came into the family... Wacky Cousins!
Double WEBBED! There's no escaping now!

Can someone please remind me not to turn my camera vertical while recording.

Why jump on the trampoline for free at home, when you can pay 10 bucks here and get funny looking straps on.My oldest nephew Kyle had a surprise party for his 18th birthday, yes 18! Wow, it seems like he was just a baby yesterday and now he's an adult. We got to stop by his party for a little bit and play with cousins.
Lastly, we went to Grandma's trunk or treat. I'm thinking guilty...whatcha spidey's up to???
It was a fun filled weekend and was definitely worth the drive, maybe we'll go down again next weekend. :)

2 comments:

Jill said...

Looks like so much fun. I miss the warm weather of Cali. We were going to drive down for Halloween too, but it didn't work out. I can't believe Kyle is 18. It's seems like he was just a baby not to long ago.

Rush said...

Hey Lori, don't forget not to turn the camera sideways while making a video! :)

I've done that before, too. . . I want 90 degree weather! That looks like fun.