Nov 1, 2008

Happy Halloween

Not a day too soon, we carved pumpkins the night before Halloween.Micah's evil twin.On Halloween day, I walked Micah and Noah to Makayla's school where they were playing games and having their costume parade. Micah found his goggles in the stroller from the good ol' days of walking to the pool. He wanted a costume on too.Makayla standing in line with her class, getting ready to be part of the parade. My pictures of the parade didn't turn out, but there sure were some cute costumes. We got to go trick or treating with our friends that use to live by us, but recently moved. boo hoo:( It was a lot of fun, the weather was great, it's been really cold in the past, but not this year. The sidewalks were crowded with other trick or treaters, it was so fun!A lot of people creatively decorated their porches, but this guy won the prize for the scariest house. Micah didn't know what he was in for when he rung the doorbell. The guy was on stilts making him very tall and scary, I think Micah was having second thoughts on whether the candy would be worth it or not.He toughed it up and bravely accepted is treat.

When the kids buckets got so full that they were too heavy for them to carry, we called it a night. Makayla and Abby had a lot of fun passing out candy to the trick or treaters. When the candy was gone, Makayla went inside, leaving her bucket of candy outside. I wondered why the doorbell stopped ringing, but later discovered they thought they were just suppose to take candy from the bucket left outside. We had a little emotional explosion when Makayla discovered her empty bucket. Micah was so sweet, even though he's probably the biggest candy addict in our family, he sweetly told Makayla she could have all of his candy.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That is one BRAVE little Micah to keep standing there in front of a Giant Frankenstein. I might have ran away myself.

Janell said...

I loved Halloween this year. The weather was perfect. I wore a long sleeve shirt and it was too warm. It was a Halloween Miracle.

Rush said...

What a bummer about Makayla's bucket! I'm sorry, cute little Snow White.