Feb 2, 2009

The Days Go ON

Even though I've been in the recovery process of having my tonsills removed, life has not stopped around here for the kids and Joel. Joel's Mom was suppose to fly home on Saturday, but felt I wasn't quite up to par yet to leave me in charge of the house, so she generously extended her stay longer. When we thought she'd be going home on Saturday we gave our kids a warning that she would be leaving, trying to prepare them for the sad event. We explained to them that she needed to go back and mentioned how much Grandpa was probably missing her. Makayla sad "Grandpa probably isn't missing her, he gets to be with her all the time". Micah replied "yeah! I'm really going to miss her."The kids making get wells signs to decorate my room with, while I was having my surgery.Micah wearing Grandma's glasses, he says he's a Doctor.Micah got to have Grandma come along on his field trip with his preschool class to the fire station. Micah all dressed up in Grandma's things.Grandma taught Micah a few "how to's" in the kitchen. Grandma took the kids to pick out birthday cards and presents for me, and than we had a birthday PARTY.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Happy Birthday! I've been meaning to call you all day but then again...I'm not sure you could talk:) Hope it wasn't so bad...smile!

Kris said...

I'm home. It's dark and early and I am missing all of you. boo hoo.
Thank you for such a wonderful time. Aren't pictures a great blessing to have in our life. Even though I was there for each of the precious moments you have written about (and took the photos) seeing them on your blog is wonderful.
Your children are a delight to be with and you were an excellent patient. I love you, those darling kiddos and that hunk of a husband you have.