Jan 7, 2009

Micah's BIG night

Micah had a big night last night. He had his first friend sleep over. Makayla was going to stay the night at Naomi's house, so Micah felt like he needed to have a sleep over too.I made the boys little beds in the family room, so they could fall asleep while watching a movie. I thought it was a great plan, especially since they were both rubbing their eyes. They did last a little while, however, there came a point when Joel and I heard both boys ferociously crying, while yelling at each other. When I made it out to see what was wrong Micah was in tears, claiming that Noah hit him and he wasn't his friend anymore. And he wanted his pajamas back! Micah had let Noah use his pajamas for the sleep over and when everything turned rotten Noah ran out the back door toward his house which is just a few feet away.

Of course I had to call his Mom to explain the situation. We decided that this was probably best, both boys would get more sleep this way and that would lead to much happier kids in the morning.

We hung up and then just moments later, Noah flings open the door, looks at me and exclaims "But Micah hit me back!!!" That was so funny to me. He felt justified, cause Micah hit him back. I'm sure I especially got a kick out of that, cause I know that is exactly how Micah thinks. Funny boys.


A few seconds later Noah's Mom comes knocking on the door. "Sorry, I couldn't stop him, he just jetted out the door".

Kids are so forgiving. We decided we would give them one more try...I put another movie on and went back into my room. The next time I went out I saw a very eye pleasing scene. The two little monsters sound asleep. Fewwww, what a relief!
Unfortunately the story doesn't end here. Joel and I are laying in bed watching Seinfeld. You can't watch too much Seinfeld. Then the clock strikes 11 and our phone rings. I tell Joel it must be Sarah, I bet Makayla's changed her mind and wants to come home. Nope! Noah had woken up and decided he had had enough of this sleep over thing, he walked himself home, Sarah didn't want me to worry when I found a missing Noah. At this point we decide to call it a night and Joel and I sunk ourselves into a deep sleep in our comfy bed, until...about 3 am Micah comes in to join us.

And the moral of the story is...Micah + Noah DOESN'T = slumber party!

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

You are brave to even attempt it:) Oh well. There will be a lifetime of sleepovers to come!