I don't remember if it was last year or the year before, that Makayla had kindly told me that it would be ok if I died, cause then GRANDMA would be her MOM. In a way it felt like an invitation for death.
In a couple weeks I am having a tonsillectomy, something I've been dreading and putting off for a few years now. I'm finally going to take the bullet in hopes of a healthier future.
After Grandma emailed me her intinerary saying she could come out and help for a couple weeks, I had to break the sad news about Mommies surgery to Makayla.
Maybe this will get her off my back about having another baby "so that Grandma can come out and be her Mom, like she did when Micah was born.
3 comments:
Like Makayla, I'm sad for you and happy for me. I can't wait to come and play with your darlins. It's fun to be loved by little children. On Sunday I saw Laura Stowell in the hall at church. She had stickers on her face. I knew what that meant, she was loved by little Primary children. What a wonderful feeling.
Hey Lori,
Sorry to hear about your surgery. How ironic that I will be having surgery in a few weeks too, and I think that my kids are having the same exact reaction...yeah, we get to be tended by much cooler people than same ole' same ole' Mom.
Hope you have a speedy recovery!
xoxo
Cory
I keep meaning to call you--I can't believe this! Brace yourself--it's hard for adults. You'll be so glad in the years to come, though. I'm so glad you'll have help. If your help needs help, call me!
Post a Comment