skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Right after Makayla's Mermaid Birthday party last year, she knew right away that next year she would have a "Rapunzel" Birthday party. She even decided that she would grow her hair out for it. As the year went by she didn't let me cut her hair, nor did she ever change her mind about her party theme. When the time was finally here to start planning the big event, I went online to see what kind of party favors I could find. I looked everywhere, but couldn't find anything Rapunzel. So I sat Makayla in front of my computer and showed her all the other themes we had to choose from. I thought for sure a Polly Pocket, Princess, or Barbie party might get her excited. But nothing was better than a "Rapunzel" party. However, she did like the idea of having a tea party during her party, so we decided we would have her theme be "Rapunzel's Tea Party". With Grandma coming in town a couple weeks before her actual birthday, we knew we'd have the party early so Grandma could help beautify everything, especially the tables!
Grandma and Makayla worked together to make a beautiful cake!
I spent many hours cutting and braiding yarn and ribbon to create a some-what Rapunzel party favor...I'm so glad I saw "spiderman" favors the other day, as little brother is already talking about the "spiderman" party he's going to have in a couple of months. By-the-way, thank you Aunt Kelli for the beautiful rings you donated for the party, they were a BIG hit with all the girls and the boys!
Of course we played Makayla's favorite party game...don't let your balloon touch the ground.
A group shot of almost all the kids at the party. All 15+ kids Makayla wanted to come and gave an invitation to came! I didn't know that was possible, this was one "happy" little girl!
After the mandatory piƱata, which I didn't get any pictures of, I'm sure I was too busy trying to keep kids from taking a beating from the bat. And the cake and ice cream...Makayla got to dive into the PRESENTS!
Later that night Grandma gave Makayla her presents from her, which Makayla naturally felt at home in!
It was a happily ever after ending for our favorite little princess and possibly me too, as I was able to get her excited about just going skating and bringing a friend next year, instead of a party...:)
4 comments:
What a darling party! Thanks for letting Connor be a part of it!!
How cute, I love the cake, it turned out so good. She makes a pretty repunzel.
I LOVED being part of the festivities and have been waiting (patiently) for this post. It was a grand day.
15 PEOPLE! WOW! I didn't realize it was that big. What a cute cake & tea party set-up.
Post a Comment