Apr 13, 2009

A Special Friend

This is Micah's special Friend Noah. It's not likely that I see Micah without seeing Noah attached at the hip. From first thing in the morning to late at night these two are TOGETHER! They know how to have fun and often pay the consequences of their not so Mommy friendly FUN. But in the end it was always worth it to them. Today Micah and Noah walked in the door when preschool was over without shirts on. Of course I had to ask them "why they didn't have shirts on?" Their reply "cause we're DANCERS!" "Ya we're DANCERS!" I asked if I could see their dance, they said "we need music." And then laughed at me like..."Duh Mom!"

Later, I was my room and heard Micah say, from down the hall..."don't tell my Mom, OK". Geee, that's a red flag! I got up and start running down the hall. SLAM! The door shuts in my face...do I dare open it????I stopped holding my breath...not so bad this time. Not like the time they decorated the walls and ceiling with so many wet toilet paper balls you couldn't see what color the walls were.
It's not easy for these two to hold still, I had to make them a fort the other day, so they would think it was cool to actually hold still long enough to watch a movie. It worked! I think they watch the whole movie!!!When we first moved here, before we knew Noah and his family, Noah helped himself into our house...I remember being scared one day when I heard the front door open, I knew it wasn't Joel or the kids. I nervously crept around the corner from the other room, to see who the invader was. I found a cute little boy standing in my front entry...He knew from he beginning he was going to be good Friends with our family, even if it meant inviting himself in to meet us.

Recently, when we came back from California, we learned that Noah had almost drown while we were gone. As his Mom told me the details of how Noah was found floating on the water unconscious and how he was purple in the face for a couple hours after the incident my eyes filled with tears. We would be the saddest neighbors around if anything happened to our Noah.

He is our SPECIAL FRIEND that we look forward to seeing each and every day!

1 comment:

Kris said...

Noah almost drowned!!!!???!!! How awful. Sounds like a MIRACLE! He is such a darling boy and comes from a great family. You are so blessed to have them in your life. It is fun to watch Micah and Noah play together. The photos and movie are adorable. Thank you for seeing these mischievous boys is a humorous and loving way. You are a great mom.