Jan 11, 2009

The GOOD and the BAD

If I only had time to write down all the cute things my kids have ever said.
Today Micah was a mouthful!Our ward has close to a thousand members in it, so if you're late, even just a couple minutes, you can count on sitting in an over flow room. I have to admit, we are usually very good at being early, not only do we want a seat, but we'd like a nice comfy one in the chapel. However, today we were late, so we went into the relief society room to listen to the meeting. There weren't t.v.'s or anything, just a speaker, so you could hear what was going on. At one point during a mans talk Micah says, "Is that Jesus talking to us?". Today was Micah's first day as a CTR 5! But did he want to go to class? Of course not. The biggest population in our ward is 3 & 4 year olds, there are 4 Sunbeans classes and 3 CTR 5 classes. Each of those are huge with at least 12-14 kids per class, so considering there wasn't even an open chair for me or him, I went ahead and took him to Joel's and my class. Micah loves babies, so when we sat behind a couple with a baby, he was so excited and says "that baby is so cute." She looked just a few months old and had a big flower on her head. She was almost as cute as my niece Eden, so I had to post this adorable picture since she also has a flower on her head also.

All during sunday school Micah was begging me to ask the babies Mom if "we can have the baby?". "Come on Mommy, ask her!" "Why don't you ask her?" I say. "Cause I'm shy." So I finally lean in and whisper to her "my son wants to know if we can have your baby?" She smiles and says "how cute". And then I think she held her baby in a death grip. Well, not really.After some time goes by, the baby gets in Micah's eye sight again and he loudly exclaims in our very quit sunday school class that, "that is the cutest baby in the whole wide world!" I watched the Mom and Dad in front of us look at each other and laugh.
----------------------------
Another time during church today, I looked down at Micah to see the beautiful sight of him pick his noise and then put it in his mouth. I give him that motherly look, I'm sure every mom gives their kid at that point, to express to them how disgusting that is...after he takes in my very distinct expressions, he replies, "what? I'm hungry!" I fed him lunch before church, I PROMISE! This is Micah pouting after church, because on the way home Daddy asked each of the kids the popular "what did you learn today?" question. Makayla replies "about choosing the RIGHT". Micah on the other hand learned about "pee pee and poo poo", so he didn't get a treat when he got home.
Tough LOVE is the game we PLAY.
----------------------------------------------
Later I hear Micah in the bathroom, he says to me "uh oh Mom, I got pee pee on my face!" "GROSS MICAH! HOW'D YOU DO THAT!!!!????" He replies, "I just pointed up." I reply, "SICK! Get a baby wipe and clean it off!"
Micah's reply "JUST KIDDING!"
me "MICAHHHHH!"
Now tell me this kid doesn't now how to play his mommy.
---------------------------------------------
After dinner, everyone went their ways into different rooms, but Micah was ready for dessert. He wanted his ice cream. So I happily got it for him, but told him he had to stay at the kitchen table while he ate it. I then left the room. A little bit latter, Micah must have been getting bored in the kitchen all by himself. I start hearing loud noises, "uuummm, yuuuummm, this is soooo good...". I think he was trying to tempt someone else to come join him.
Well, I personally think 4 year olds are pretty stinking funny. I wish I had a blog when Makayla was 4, it would be fun to read now. This picture above is just a normal sight at our house. I would think the humer would be old to him by now, but he still thinks he's the funniest thing around when he comes out of his room with underwear on his head. I can't remember who was here recently and he did this maneuver, maybe the relief society president...I probably should have been embarrassed, but he's put me in much more embarrassing situations, embarrassment doesn't come easy anymore.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

He is hilarious!! What a cutie!

Jill said...

Did you tell Micah "yes that is Jesus, he's watching you and making sure you are being a good boy and listening to mommy and daddy." It probably wouldn't have worked. I know Christian would just laugh at me and go back to jumping backwards off the seat while everyone around us gives us dirty looks.

Kris said...

I love the eyes you see Micah through. While he is busy doing crazy boy things you are able to appreciate him-despite the embarrassments and shocks.
I sure do love that young fella.