Dec 7, 2008

Micah's new superhero!

The other night Joel was trying to hurry home to us after watching a football game at friends house. He didn't want to make us late to our ward's Christmas party, so he decided he wouldn't stop to get gas. Well, so much for that, yes, he ran out of gas. After getting the call I got the kids in the car (half dressed), then grabbed the almost full (thank goodness!) gas tank. And drove to the entrance of our neighborhood to find his truck awkwardly blocking traffic. I parked across the street and ran him over the tank, when I got back to the kids, Micah was so excited! He exclaimed "Mommy you're a super hero, You saved DADDY!!!" The rest of the night I got to hear him talk about how I "saved Daddy". It was pretty cute. We did make it to the party and the kids got to see Santa, the thing they were most excited for. Makayla had a nice long description of the exact thing she wanted for Christmas. She had to tell Santa very carefully without leaving out any details of the couch she wants that turns into a bed. She knew Mom & Dad weren't very excited about getting it for her, SANTA is her only hope! After her long explanation, Santa looked at me, looking very overwhelmed, and told her she better right it down and send it to him in a letter.Micah on the other hand, made Santa's life easy. When Santa asked him what he wanted, he said "a toy". But on the way out Micah exclaims to us that, "that was not the REAL Santa!" Of course he said it loud enough so all the kids still waiting in line could hear.

1 comment:

Kris said...

You've been a SuperHero all along just incognito to Micah.

Poor Makyalya, I hope Santa has the patience to really listen and bring her what she wants.

Micah...baHum Bug!!